Career CounsellingSometimes life doesn't give you what you want, not because you don't desrve it but because you deserve so much more (Unknown); we can help you Discover your more!
Our Career Counselling Services are designed to help you identify and explore career options, pathways and considerations; to provide you with meaningful insights, guidance and opportunities for growth and development that will enable you to unpack your career, reorganise the pieces of the puzzle so that when career opportunities present themselves you are ready to act swiftly and with confidence.
How Can Career Counselling Help Me?
Career Counselling is similar to Personal Counselling in that the nature of the conversation is organic and relies on what you want to bring up and wish to discuss with me.
During our time together, we will:-
- Talk about your narrative (story) to date
- Identify what factors brought you to this point in your career and to our practice
- Listen to each other
- Develop an understanding of your career ups, downs, dips and lateral moves to date
- Identify your career baselines and any gaps that need addressing
- Reflect back on your thoughts, feelings and experiences
- Develop appropriate strategies to move forward in a positive and meaningful way for you
You May Also Want to Explore….
The who, what, when, why and how of your career.
For example, maybe you have one or more questions relating to: –
- Who am I?
- What occupations suit my personality, aptitude, interests and preferences?
- What tertiary or development studies must I undertake to enter this new career or industry?
- What did I do wrong? I don’t understand why I was fired or made redundant.
- When should I apply for TAFE, Private College or University?
- When should I tell employers or consultants about my medical or mental health condition?
- Why am I experiencing this challenge in my career now?
- Why am I unhappy or dissatisfied with my job?
- Why have I been overlooked for work promotions or transfers?
- Why am I feeling stressed, overwhelmed or burnout in my career?
- How can I find a work-life balance?
- How will I move forward in my career when this situation occurs?
- How do I move forward in my career – what steps do I need to take?
- How do I apply for a TAFE, Private College or University course placement?
- How do I switch from my current career to a new career?
- How do I relaunch my career after repatriating after several years or decades abroad?
- How do I get my first job when people keep saying I need experience?
You See Career Counselling Is So Much More Than….
Simply identifying and printing out a list of career options and pathways based on your personality, aptitude and interests and sending you on your way it is so much more.
Career Counselling is about making a connection with you, taking the time to have a chat and getting to know the whole of you on an in-depth level, thereby understanding:-
- Your professional and personal story and goals
- If there is any trauma, grief and loss experiences, incidents or events that shaped you
- How your experiences shaped you in terms of your communication and interpersonal style
- The types of environments and people you prefer and those that are not your cup of tea
- What motivates you, builds your confidence and promotes positive self-efficacy (self-belief)
- Your fears, self-limiting beliefs and behaviours that stop you from achieving your goal
- Potential triggers and non-productive coping strategies to address and tweak
- Your non-productive workplace behaviours and the undesirable patterns they are creating
Blu Ripples is positioned to help you identify, explore and achieve your realistic career goal(s) by getting to know the genuine, authentic you.