Blu Ripples defines the role of a Career Counsellor as a “qualified and nationally registered professional who helps individuals resolve Career (professional) related queries and challenges through talk therapy and who may also offer psychometric services to assist in exploring career interests, options and pathways”.
Specifically, a Career Counsellor may assist individuals with (but not limited to): –
- Constructing and implementing return-to-work strategies
- Contemplating the pros and cons of changing careers
- Creating a professional online presence on sites such as LinkedIn
- Determining and exploring career options, realistic career expectations and outcomes
- Developing Career Development Reports (plans)
- Finding work-life balance
- Identifying and executing short, medium and long-term career, job & training goals
- Making career or job decisions by acting as a sounding board
- Preparing Employment Documentation including CV’s-Resumes and Selection Criteria
- Sourcing relevant career information and Labour Market statistics
For more information on the role of a Career Counsellor and Blu Ripples Career Counselling Services, please review our website, click on our Career Counselling page or contact Katherine directly on 1300 300 557.
Blu Ripples is happy to help you with your Career Counselling query.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR (2012 Version)
Katherine is the Founder of Blu Ripples, a Counselling practice in Port Stephens, NSW.
Initially commencing in 2003 as HR Aspects (Career Consulting Practice), Katherine rebranded her business to Blu Ripples in 2009 to incorporate Personal, Career and Workplace Counselling Services into her practice.
Before commencing her private practice in 2003, Katherine predominantly worked in Human Resources and Administration.
© 2013 - Katherine Foster T/as Blu Ripples
Updated 18 Oct 2023; Originally Posted 24 May 2013
Katherine's Photograph: 2023